Community Prep School accepts students as they are in order to accompany and guide them in their pursuit of education and life.
The vision of Community Prep School is the realization of each individual’s successful engagement in life, career, and community.
The mission of Community Prep School is to respect each individual, cultivate authentic passions, and activate purposeful plans for life.
What makes us “alternative”?
- Credit Recovery where students control the pace of their learning in an educational environment based on the mastery of standards. Credits are earned according to effort and understanding rather than simply time spent in the classroom.
- Personal and individualized attention with small class sizes and committed advisors who encourage students to achieve goals and performance targets.
- Differentiated learning that includes a menu of hybrid classes, both timed and self-paced, to serve students according to their aptitude, learning style, and unique needs.
- Flexible scheduling built around students’ real-life challenges.
- Utilizing the community as a classroom without limiting learning to the CPS campus. Students are regularly engaged with local organizations to enhance their education.
- Connecting educational credit with job and community experience.
- Life Skills taught experientially and intentionally.
The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights(OCR) has determined that under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, education organizations need to ensure website accessibility for people with disabilities. As a public school, our website content and functionality must be accessible to persons with disabilities. If you find that you are unable to access online information or functionality, please contact us here.