The vision of Community Prep School is the realization of each individual’s successful engagement in life, career, and community.
The mission of Community Prep School is to respect each individual, cultivate authentic passions, and activate purposeful plans for life.
What makes us “alternative”?
- Credit Recovery where students control the pace of their learning inan educational environment based on the mastery of standards. Credits are earned according to effort and understanding rather than simply time spent in the classroom.
- Personal and individualized attention with small class sizes and committed advisors who encourage students to achieve goals and performance targets.
- Differentiated learning that includes a menu of hybrid classes, both timed and self-paced, to serve students according to their aptitude, learning style, and unique needs.
- Flexible scheduling built around students’ real-life challenges.
- Utilizing the community as a classroom without limiting learning to the CPS campus. Students are regularly engaged with local organizations to enhance their education.
- Connecting educational credit with job and community experience.
- Life Skills taught experientially and intentionally.
Welcome to Community Prep High School home of the Warriors!
I am extremely excited to work with the students of Community Prep. While there have been some changes to meet the requirements of District 11, we are still a school that understands the unique, individual issues youth carry on a daily basis. My team of advisors and I work hard to develop strategies that lead to the success traditional school could not offer our students.
My name is Gayle Hinrichs. I am a native of Nebraska but have been in Colorado since 1992. I began teaching kindergarten children how to read in 1985. I spent seven years teaching elementary school, and then moved to Colorado Springs where I spent almost 20 years at Sierra High School. I served as a teacher, Dean of Students and an Assistant Principal. Most recently I worked as an Assistant Principal in Cañon City. I was honored to be offered a position at Community Prep High School. At the time I did not dream I would become the Principal of the school, but I was appointed Principal of this wonderful school at the Board of Director’s Meeting on September 26, 2018.
We welcome all students who want an education to attend Community Prep High School. Check us out and let us develop a plan to help you meet your educational goals.