STEP 1: INTEREST INTERVIEW
Interest Interviews allow potential students to get to know us. They are @15 minutes in length and do not require a appointment. Parents, guardians, and students can stop in Mondays – Fridays from 8:30-5:00 for an interest interview.
STEP 2: DISCOVERY
Students enroll at CPS through a process called DISCOVERY. Discovery is designed to prepare students to succeed in an environment that places the ownership for learning on the student. The program requires sustained motivation, discipline, and the ability to work closely with multiple adults and peers to make progress. By completing Discovery, students are able to demonstrate the desire and ability necessary to successfully work toward a diploma at CPS.
How Does It Work?
The steps in Discovery are designed to be completed in a reasonable time period. The steps can be worked on and completed in any order with an enrollment interview taking place upon completion of all of the pre-enrollment steps. Assistance with completing the Discovery process is available on a drop in basis at CPS Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM.
What Are The Steps?
- Complete an interest interview, begin working on the Discovery checklist.
- Complete the Discovery checklist, including enrollment interview.
(Parent/Guardian attendance is required at the enrollment interview for all students under 18.)
- Attend orientation.
- Attend Discovery class from 8:30 – 11:15 daily to complete Discovery requirements.
- Complete the remaining Discovery requirements within 10 school days of Orientation.
- Recieve a credit for Discovery.
- Begin working with a CPS Student Advocate and moving forward toward a diploma.