COMMUNITY PREP SCHOOL
We work together to help students reach their full potential.
Community Prep School (CPS) is an accredited alternative education campus serving students throughout the Colorado Springs region.
Returning students report on 7/17
New students report on 7/18
Welcome back to Community Prep High School!
We believe in the power of the legend of the Phoenix. Rising from the ashes of tragedy to triumph is the vision we have for our students at CPS. Supporting students who have not been successful in traditional settings is an honor and huge responsibility. We want to ensure that students are given opportunities for structure and high expectations with love to thrive. Community Prep has a long and successful history in Colorado Springs and our continued goal of ensuring that students’ graduate career and college ready is at the core of our work. We are excited to see our new and returning students and look forward to sharing our innovative offerings with you. Our passionate and dedicated staff provide many “extras” a student may not have encountered during their school career. We thrive on building a relationship with our students, parents, and the community to truly embrace the ideology that it takes a VILLAGE to raise a child. We ensure our students is to be ready to embark on a 21st century career and/or college journey that empowers, engages, and educates.
What makes us different?
We recognize and support the whole child model of academic, emotional, and future ready offerings.
- Tiered supports for students to learn to become independent and self-motivated
- High expectations for success in academics, behavior, and community engagement
- Student led initiatives: ambassadors, tutors, advisory, restaurant and bike lab businesses
- Opportunities to earn 18 or more credits per year
- Outdoor learning expeditions
- Service Learning projects
- Work Based learning opportunities
- Bus passes
- Free lunch to all students
- Home visits for support
- Concurrent college enrollment options and certified education partners paid by CPS
- Exciting and Engaging elective courses
- 3 graduation options per year: October, March, June
- Life coaching sessions with certified providers on site
- Free Chromebook laptop after 32 credits earned
- Diplomas with distinction for scholarships, athletes, and high performing students
- *Graduating alumni are eligible for a CPS $1000 scholarship!
Mark your calendars for our first community event!
- September–open house night-Wednesday September 19-5:30 p.m.
We have exciting and engaging plans for new and returning students. Our schedule includes an 8:00 arrival time and our classes start at 8:15. We are looking forward to regular attendance from students and have planned great classes in our block format.
***Come sign up for TEDED, Business class, Bike Lab, Culinary Arts for fall and Coding, Shark Tank, and Social media classes in the spring.
|Arrival and Community time in Cafe||8:00-8:15|
|1-Academic Block: ELA, MATH, SS, SCIENCE||8:15-9:45|
|3-Elective/Choice class 2||12:10-1:45|
|4-Academic Block: ELA, MATH, SS, SCIENCE||2:00-3:15|
A safe school is a priority for us this year and we have made major improvements to keep our students and school safe. Look forward to a new cafe seating area for break time and a new locked entry system.
We are so excited to see you next week!
The staff of Community Prep
Congratulations to all of our 91 graduates this year. Thank you to all of the graduates, families, and friends who made our June 2nd ceremony an amazing event.